Awaiting you in the snowy Tennengau…
Winter Holidays in Tennengau
Tennengau is a magnet for winter holidaymakers well known far beyond the borders of SalzburgerLand. No wonder – since winters in Tennengau are picture-postcard perfect. Barely any other place is able to offer such a wide variety of experiences in such a compact area. And whenever you are not in the mood to be active, simply enjoy the urban hustle and bustle or the peaceful Advent festivities in Salzburg City – just a few kilometers away.
“Perfect picture-postcard winter scenery.”
An Overview: Winter Holidays in Salzburger Land
- Several small ski areas in Tennengau, SalzburgerLand, promise skiing enjoyment for everyone on over 240 kilometers of pistes. Many ski resorts are ideally suited for ski holidays with children.
- Numerous ski and snowboard schools in the Salzburg ski areas welcome beginners, experienced winter athletes and pros.
- Rental businesses offering ski and snowboard equipment are there to assist with top-notch equipment and excellent advice. When you rent, you save valuable space in your luggage and never have to miss a single moment of skiing enjoyment.
- Away from the pistes, enjoy cross-country skiing, sledding and ski touring.
- During the run-up to Christmas, Tennengau’s Advent celebrations enchant all visitors, big and small, during their winter holidays.
Sledding & Tobogganing for the Whole Family
During the daytime or in the evening by moonlight: A sledding expedition with family or friends is guaranteed to turn your winter holiday into a very special experience.
On one of the numerous natural sled runs in the Tennengau communities of St. Martin, Abtenau and Lungötz, you will be able to put your steering skills to the test as you go head-to-head with your whole family. Once your exhilarating ride is successfully completed, reward yourself with refreshments enjoyed in one of Tennengau’s cozy inns.
We would suggest that you rent your sleds once you get here. Details about nearby sledding hills can be obtained from your Tennengau hosts as well as our local tourist offices.
Bundled up as snug as can be, you will be able to experience the romantic side of Tennengau. Allow the snow-covered winter countryside to glide by you, as you enjoy the fresh air and peaceful countryside. During the Christmas season, we recommend hiring a coach to visit one of the traditional Advent markets in the region. Also the warm, friendly inns along the winter hiking paths are ideal destinations for your ride on a horse-drawn carriage.
- Alpine skiing on 240 kilometers of pistes
- Snowtubing on the Dürrnberg
- Cross-country skiing on more than 170 kilometers of perfectly maintained trails
- Winter hikes
- Advent markets & Silent Night
With the Tennengau Guest Ticket as well as the Salzburger Super Ski Card, you benefit from attractive discounts on public transportation.
Discover our top excursion destinations
For families, couples, friends and sports lovers, the diverse Tennengau region has many surprises in store. Here you will find our most beautiful excursion destinations to enjoy nature, water, culture and local traditions!
Overview of all communities
In Tennengau, our 14 idyllic communities greet you with folk-costume events and traditional festivals, culinary highlights, countless excursion destinations and a colorful spectrum of sporting and recreational opportunities for the whole family.