Hike along for your hiking pin
Enjoy the diversity and beauty of Tennengau mountains on foot: from a leisurely hike in the valley to a peak tour in alpine terrain everyone finds the perfect touring opportunity. On over 150 hikes in the valleys of the Salzach and Lammer, you can collect stamps for the Tennengau Hiking Pass and thus secure your desired Tennengau Hiking Pin.
How to hike with the Tennengau Hiking Pass
Collect points for your hiking pin
Collecting points and stamps for the Tennengau hiking pins on more than 150 hikes through Tennengau region is as easy as it could be: get the Hiking pass from your local tourist office and you are good to go. Find an overview of how many points are awarded for each hike in the hiking pass, start your hike and stamp the pass at the stamping station. The hiking pin is available in 10 different categories.
Details about the tours and the stamping stations can be found in our touring portal.
The Tennengau Hiking Pin is a precious reminder of beautiful mountaineering adventures.
All informations at a glance
- The Tennengau hiking pass with an overview of all tours is available at the 14 local tourist offices and at Tennengau guest service. The pass is free of charge.
- The exact description of the tours (including informations to the awarded points and stamping stations) can be found in our touring portal.
- The printed Tennengau hiking map with hiking book can be purchased from the tourist offices for €8.00 (€6.50 with the TennengauPLUS Card).
- The number of points required for the desired hiking pin is noted in the hiking pass.
- The hiking pass is not subject to a time limit – just keep collecting from holiday to holiday.
- The hiking pins are available from the local tourist offices at a price of €3.50 each (free for children up to 14 years of age).
- An online version of the Tennengau hiking pass can be found here.
Useful tips for safe mountaineering
- Stay on the marked paths.
- Please take away all rubbish, such as snack leftovers, bottles, etc. back down to the valley. Not only does litter spoil the beauty of the landscape, it is also a threat to wildlife.
- Protect our alpine flora – we all love the colorful alpine meadows and flowers. Many plants are protected and may not be picked.
- Be considerate of the wild animals:
Loud noises startle them and can trigger flight behavior.
- For hikers with dogs:
Dogs attract increased attention and an innate defensive behavior from cows, because they suspect the four-legged friend to be a danger to their calf. Please keep your dogs on a leash – but in case of danger, let the dog go!
Discover our top excursion destinations
For families, couples, friends and sports lovers, the diverse Tennengau region has many surprises in store. Here you will find our most beautiful excursion destinations to enjoy nature, water, culture and local traditions!
Overview of all communities
In Tennengau, our 14 idyllic communities greet you with folk-costume events and traditional festivals, culinary highlights, countless excursion destinations and a colorful spectrum of sporting and recreational opportunities for the whole family.