Nature & Recreation in
St. Koloman in the Tennengau Region
Holidays in the heart of Tennengau
Far removed from the hectic outside world, in St. Koloman you can look forward to spending a truly special holiday. Stress-free and slower-paced, with moments of true joy. St. Koloman in the Tennengau Region lies just 30 kilometers from Salzburg City, yet this small town at over 800 meters above sea level is a whole world unto itself. With St. Koloman as your base, set out on all kinds of expeditions as you discover this marvelous region. Summer and winter – between water and mountain ..
Summer or winter, a pure delight: St. Koloman
Whether you are looking for lots of outdoor activity or cozy relaxation during your vacation in St. Koloman: In the small village of St. Koloman in the Tennengau Region, you are certain to find what you had wished for. Extended hikes in the Tennengau lead you out to places of virtually pristine natural beauty. Rustic mountain huts invite you to stop by, relax and enjoy a fantastic selection of delicious Salzburg specialties. And in winter? With the first snowfall, guests are once again drawn out into nature: to go cross-country skiing or ski-touring.
Summer Highlights – an overview
- Hiking: The Bergalm in the Osterhorn Group is especially popular with families. One of the most well-known excursion destinations in St. Koloman is the Seewaldsee. The Seewaldsee is a moorland lake located inside a nature sanctuary. Here, you will definitely discover the peace and tranquility you seek. A ride up the Trattberg promises magnificent views of the surrounding peaks. Once you are at the top of the mountain, you can choose from numerous marked hiking paths that treat you to breathtaking panoramas. If you prefer valley hikes, you might well enjoy the Dialect Theme Path; 14 info stations display texts in dialect written by Prof. August Rettenbacher.
- Cycling: For all those who would like to conquer the mountains on two wheels, St. Koloman serves as an idea base camp. The Trattberg and Bergalm await with countless mountain-bike trails.
Winter Highlights – an overview
- Winter hiking: At a moderate tempo, explore the winter landscapes of St. Koloman and enjoy an up-close nature experience, discovering a very special sense of peace. The Dialect Path and the hiking tour via the Eiblgut ware both cleared in winter.
- Ski touring: The Osterhorn Group in Tennengau is a paradise for backcountry skiers. Beautiful nature and fresh air – perfect conditions, in other words, for your personal adventure in the snow.
- Cross-country skiing: The two XC trails in St. Koloman promise pure cross-country enjoyment during your holidays. Both trails are professionally maintained and lead you out through fascinating countryside.
St. Koloman in Tennengau is the ideal destination for peace & recreation in Salzburger Land. Today is the perfect time to send us your no-obligation booking enquiry!