Skiing in Tennengau
Fun on the pistes and exciting days of skiing
In the coldest time of year, SalzburgerLand is transformed into a picturesque winter world. During your skiing holidays in Tennengau, it will be hard knowing where to begin. The ski areas and small lifts in Tennengau are suitable for experienced skiers as well as beginners. From beautifully groomed pistes, to spectacular fun parks and easy beginners' hills, with more than 240 kilometers of skiing in Tennengau to choose from, you will have more than enough space to let loose!
SKI AREAS IN TENNENGAU
During the winter months, the Tennengau Region also demonstrates astonishing variety. Whether big or small. An adventure skier or fan of the play slopes. Broad pistes or more intimate. Five ski areas, some of which have received multiple awards, unite to offer more than 240 kilometers of pure skiing enjoyment. With something for all tastes, no matter what kind of shape you are in. Aside from the spacious Dachstein-West ski region, boasting 142 piste-kilometers in total, the smaller ski areas are very popular, too, radiating a true family-friendly atmosphere, and never with any danger of feeling lost in the crowd.
TENNENGAU SKI AREAS: AN OVERVIEW
- Abtenau: Abtenau Lifts: 4 lifts, 9 kilometers of pistes – www.karkogel.com
Postalm Arena: 5 lifts, 7 kilometers of pistes – www.postalm.net
- Dachstein-West ski region incl. Annaberg-Lungötz & Russbach: 65 lifts, 142 kilometers of pistes - www.dachstein.at
- Golling: Moosegg ski lift next to Gasthof Bachrain: baby lift and tow
- Hallein: Zinken Lifts in Bad Dürrnberg: 4 lifts, 12 kilometers of pistes – www.duerrnberg.at
- Krispl-Gaissau: The joys of winter in Gaissau-Hintersee: 9 lifts, 40 kilometers of pistes – www.gaissauhintersee.at
Krispl ski lift: 600 m tow lift & practice lift– www.krispl-gaissau.at
- St. Martin im Tennengau: St. Martin Ski Lifts: 2 ski lifts, 3 kilometers of pistes
Here you will find an overview map of all ski areas in Tennengau. You will find a detailed description on the right under "Panorama Map - Winter".
NEVER A SHORTAGE OF VARIETY DURING SKI VACATIONS IN Tennengau
The Tennengau ski areas offer numerous opportunities for fun- and adventure-filled days of skiing in SalzburgerLand. And as you skillfully slice down the slopes towards the valley below, be sure to enjoy the glorious mountain views and the sunshine dancing on your nose.
Pistes with an added twist - in the Dachstein-West Ski Region
SalzburgerLand has such an exciting variety of skiing experiences in store for you! On many pistes with added features in the Dachstein-West ski region, excitement and fun are 100% guaranteed! Whether on the Marcel Hirscher Slalom Run with automatic timekeeping, on speed hills, snowcross courses with starting gates, full-blown moguls hills or gentler "soft-wave" runs - as you can see, the Dachstein-West ski region offers more during your skiing vacation than you could ever have imagined possible.
Delectable breaks from skiing at our ski huts
If you spend the entire day on your feet, you definitely deserve a break every now and then. And at Salzburg's ski huts, you will be treated to a great selection of outstanding foods as well. Whether poppy-seed dumplings, Kaiserschmarrn-style pancakes or apple strudel, cheese noodles, dumpling soup, goulash soup or a typical hearty Tennengau snack platter: Our regional specialties taste (at least) twice as good when enjoyed out on the sun-drenched terrace or in the cozy dining room of a mountain hut.
7 gOOD REASONS FOR SKIING IN Tennengau
- more than 240 kilometers of pistes
- 5 ski areas and 3 small lifts
- 7 ski- and snowboard schools offer courses for beginners, experienced skiers and pros
- 13 rental centers for ski- & snowboarding gear, providing top equipment and outstanding support
- Salzburg Super Ski Card for "piste hoppers"
- free ski bus with your valid TennengauPLUS-Card
- reliable snow conditions thanks to comprehensive snowmaking and ideal elevations
Information about current ski-pass prices can be found on the websites of the resorts in question. Our local tourist offices are also more than happy to assist!
Want to learn more about your next skiing vacation in Tennengau? We are always more than happy to assist - we look forward to receiving your phone call or a no-obligation enquiry by email.