Memorable Family Holidays in the Mountains
Your holidays - the most precious time of year
We are absolutely certain that you have earned the chance to spend quality-time with your family. Good, then, that Tennengau offers so much variety in such a relatively small area - as it does attractive offers, so that your holiday in SalzburgerLand brings you even greater joy.
Summer in Tennengau has much to offer. Family-friendly hosts, hiking paths suitable for prams, plus 28 top excursion destinations are just some of the highlights that will make your family vacation so unforgettable. In the summer months, especially, Tennengau truly is an ideal travel destination for a holiday with kids. Not only does the region itself offer a fantastic array of attractions and experiences for the whole family: Nearby Salzburg City also does its part to contribute to your carefree, fascinating and fun-filled vacation.
SUMMER HOLIDAYS IN SalzburgerLand – A GIFT FOR BIG AND SMALL
- Summer activity program for big and small
- "Creative Active Kids" - holiday offer in Golling
- Cleverix, the Celtic lad, leads your youngsters on fun-filled adventures through the Tennengau Region
- Museums, nature experiences and theme paths for young explorers and researchers
- Fun in the water of the pools and lakes in Tennengau
- Inexpensive summer experiences with the help of the SalzburgerLand Card
- With the " Tennengau Ticket" ride buses & trains for just 4 euro
- Mountain huts, just waiting to be discovered and enjoyed
- Playgrounds and recreation areas
FAMILY HIKING DESTINATIONS IN Tennengau
Amongst the 300 marked hiking paths in Tennengau, there are also many that are suitable for families as well. And even some that are quite pleasant to push a pram along (we will refer to them as pram-friendly or PF). This includes those in the Bluntautal Nature Sanctuary. And our summer mountain lifts make it easier than ever to reach the local summits.
- Postalm area in Abtenau (PF)
- Karkogel with an Alpine Coaster, Abtenau (PF)
- Donnerkogel lift, Annaberg (PF)
- Hay-Figure Path, Annaberg-Lungötz (PF)
- Golling Waterfall, Golling
- Salzachöfen Gorge, Golling
- Four-Seasons Path, Golling (PF)
- Primeval Forest Amusement Park, Gosau
- Keltenblitz Alpine Coaster, Hallein-Bad Dürrnberg
- Spielbergalm in Krispl-Gaissau (PF)
- Bruno's Mountain World, Russbach (PF)
- Spiessalm in St. Martin (PF)
- Lammerklamm Gorge, Scheffau
- Trattbergalm, St. Koloman
- "Lifeline Taugl" (PF)
HUT PLAYGROUNDS - GREAT DESTINATIONS FOR FAMILY HIKES
As a reward for hiking along so well, Bruno the Bear in Russbach, for example, gives you an opportunity to play outdoors in nature. But first you will enjoy a relaxing ride on the Hornbahn lift up to 1450 meters, and then, if you are in the mood, take a ride on the "Ant Express" from station to station. In the Alpine Flower Garden, you will then encounter Bruno, the bear, who will explain to the kids all about the flowers and herbs that grow in the mountains. The adventure then continues to "Swing Forest" and a climbing tower. A fascinating anthill and a fossil showcase also give the children lots more to discover.
Or how about a walk through the Lammertal Virgin Forest? Sound like an exciting adventure? Indeed it is! In fact, the tour through Lammertal Virgin Forest is an eight-kilometer hike leading to the Spiessalm in St. Martin. Here you will find the tallest trees in Austria, while your rewards also include a mouthwatering selection of foods served at the mountain hut.
28 Top EXCURSION DESTINATIONS FOR YOUR FAMILY VACATION IN TENNENGAU
Imposing mountain scenery, thunderous wildwater streams and powerful waterfalls - all here in Tennengau, SalzburgerLand, close to Salzburg City. Aside from magical natural spectacles, this region has numerous other excursion opportunities in store for families, too. These include pram-friendly hiking paths, serpentine alpine coasters, exciting salt mines, and countless museums that bring the past back to life. And all of them more family-friendly than you could possibly imagine
28 top excursion destinations (with the exception of Bad Vigaun) are suitable for the whole family. Cleverix, the little Celtic lad, can be found at all locations, and here and there he also has small surprises in store for our smaller visitors.
THIS IS Cleverix, THE CELTIC LAD...
He is small, has fiery red hair, lots of freckles, and never leaves home without his sword: Cleverix, the Celtic lad, from Tennengau. Together with the other kids, he sets out in search of exciting adventures. And where does he find them? Throughout the Tennengau Region, which, with 28 top excursion destinations, has so much to offer.
And how about winding down your adventure with an enjoyable ride on a horse-drawn carriage? Regardless of what you decide to do - we are absolutely certain that boredom will simply never be a factor during your family vacation in Tennengau.
Do you want to spend your next holidays in Tennengau? We would be glad to help you plan your next vacation - here you will find all of our local lodging opportunities.