Active Winters Full of Variety
Here in the heart of the Tennengau region, winter holidays have so many different faces. A winter activity program that simply couldn’t be more diverse and exciting. Because, away from the pistes too, this region has more to offer than you could possibly imagine.
Awaiting you in snowy Tennengau …
Winter Holidays in Tennengau
Tennengau is a magnet for winter holidaymakers, famous far beyond the borders of SalzburgerLand. No wonder – since winters in Tennengau are just like those you know from picture postcards. Barely anywhere else will you find such a wealth of experiences in such a compact area as here in the Tennengau. And if ever you are not in the mood for physical activity, simply enjoy the urban hustle and bustle or festive Advent atmosphere of Salzburg City – just a few kilometers away.
With the TennengauPLUS-Card, not only will you benefit from numerous discounts, you will also be able to travel on public transportation for free – throughout the Tennengau region, all the way into Salzburg itself.
“Magical picture-postcard winter scenery.”
An overview: Winter Holidays in Salzburger Land
- Several smaller ski areas in Tennengau, SalzburgerLand, offer 190 kilometers of pistes in total and skiing enjoyment for everyone. Many ski resorts are ideal for skiing holidays with children.
- Numerous ski and snowboard schools in the Salzburg ski areas welcome beginners, experienced winter athletes and pros.
- Rental businesses offering ski and snowboard equipment are there to assist with top-notch equipment and excellent advice. When you rent, you save valuable space in your luggage and never have to miss a single moment of skiing enjoyment.
- Away from the pistes, your snowy fun continues in the form of winter hikes, cross-country skiing, sledding and ski touring.
- During the run-up to Christmas, Tennengau’s Advent celebrations enchant all visitors, big and small, during their winter holidays.
Discover our top excursion destinations
For families, couples, friends and sports lovers, the diverse Tennengau region has many surprises in store. Here you will find our most beautiful excursion destinations to enjoy nature, water, culture and local traditions!
Overview of all communities
In Tennengau, our 14 idyllic communities greet you with folk-costume events and traditional festivals, culinary highlights, countless excursion destinations and a colorful spectrum of sporting and recreational opportunities for the whole family.